Re: kitchen & anemone

Going rate is somewhere about $33 - $36 per lineal foot of laminate,
I think...but with cutouts and installation, you can figure more, so
the price you got doesn't really surprise me.

The reason you got the "newer" style without asking is that is the
sort of off the shelf builder's item that isn't at all custom other
than the length:-)  Around here it's considerably less expensive than
custom tops - i.e. those with flat backsplashes and square corners.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Yes, I realize it would have to be totally replaced and I checked
with Lowes
> and 2 other places.  Price is between $900-1100, so I'll stick with
this.
> When I said old 40's style, maybe I was exagerating, but I did have
the
> orignial counter (1965) replaced in 1985 and even then, 20 yrs ago
they
> installed the newer style w/out my even asking.  Now that
countertop is in