From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:48 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] troughs

They won't grow here, which is a good thing--I'd probably have a yard
full if they did. We had a stand of them when I was a kid in SoCal.
Yeah, a bit invasive; they sucker around. But the good things about
them are, one, the leaves have hollow stems that make great peashooters
for privet berries, and two, the fuzz on the leaf stems is great
itching powder.

On Tuesday, September 21, 2004, at 08:16 AM, pdickson wrote:

> James,
> I think this is the correct name.  It was a pass along plant from a
> friend.
> It is a bit invasive but in order to live in Western Oklahoma it needs

> to be
> a bit invasive.  I am sure it would be harder to control if it got
more
> water.
> Tricia

Island Jim