Re: Jeanne

We don't have shutters, although that would be preferable to plywood. Windows break in high wind, Donna, either because the wind bows them to the breaking point or because the wind picks up an object and throws it at them. This house has those now passe three-pane jalousie windows,
each 14 by 32 inches--too small to be bowed. And the windows on the side of house that are in the prevailing direction of hurricane winds on this side of the state [west and southwest], are fairly well protected from flying objects by Jim's jungle. In fact, the brunt of the storm falls mostly on the side of the garage, which had no windows.

We have no bay windows or sliding glass doors. I'm afraid if the winds were strong enough to blow out the jalousie windows, plywood would not help although shutters might.