Re: Katrina cont > today

Ignored? Try sneered at.  Bush's budget gave them only 1/6 of what they told him they needed.

Kitty

-- "Bonnie Holmes" <holmesbm@usit.net> wrote:
In interviews today, the General of the Army Corps stated that the levees
were constructed to withstand a Cat. 3 hurricane.  One additional problem
is that the barrier islands were no longer there.  I am still concerned
that in addition to not being prepared for the human issues, we did not
protect the refineries and harbors that supply so much of the U.S.  That is
certainly a significant security issue that seems to have been ignored.
Bonnie ETN Zone 7