Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the sympathy about my Roxie.  Our labrador has been
taking advantage of suddenly being the only dog in the family, so we're not
lacking in doggie attention at least. It helps us, as your comments also do,
to remember the good times and not just the sad end.
Between Roxie and watching news about Katrina I spent most of the long
weekend being alternately sad and outraged. But I did manage to get out into
the ornamental garden and do some cleanup. Weeding is usually a tedious
chore but this time it was somewhat therapeutic. The soil is looking pretty
good, lots of earthworms. Bees are very busy on the salvia and allium
flowers, and there seem to be at least 3 or 4 hummingbirds in residence.
There's way more work out there than can be done in a few hours but I
managed to ignore the big picture and be satisfied with cleanup of one
little patch. It was good.

Cyndi