gas again

Back when we were discussing  gas prices, I mentioned that a former employer
of mine was probably losing his shirt on fuel contracts.    Someone here
mentioned that gas suppliers don't get hurt in this as they just tack on
surcharges.  There was an article in our local paper recently about this
employer's contract with the city for fuel for all city vehicles.  He had
bid last year on the contract for 10 cents higher than the current rate at
the time and was awarded the contract.  $1.73/gallon.  And he IS stuck with
that price.  He is a middleman - buys from BP, Sunoco, Shell - and tries to
turn a profit.  Fort Wayne city vehicles are enjoying $1.73 /gallon until
the end of the year without surcharges or extra fees of any kind.  For
anyone else I might feel bad, but this employer is a jerk  I wonder how many
other contracts he is tuck with.

Kitty