Re: Another Question/Elephant Ears

Yeah, 6 months of drought is bad. Even the old timers are talking about how
this is the worst one they remember. Lovely. And yes I do like it warm.
After 4 days in NE PA, I couldn't wait to get back.
My rheumatoid acted up the whole time I was there, been perfectly fine since
I got back. The arthritis factor really helps one to love the heat, believe

 On 9/19/05, Marge Talt <mtalt@hort.net> wrote:
> Lordy, Pam, I know you like it hot, but I don't know how you stand
> that climate. The short time I spent in Texas was more than enough -
> cracked earth and furnace hot is too much for me. We're still in the
> mid to upper 80s but it is cooling off at night again - praise be!
> Some around here may get a shower this week but no guarantee
> according to the weather person on TV. When they start saying we
> need rain, you KNOW we need rain. They usually act like rain is the
> worst calamity in the world.
> Sounds like you're pushing dust-bowl conditions...not good!
> Where's Rich and his rain dance? He needs to point it toward you!
> Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
> mtalt@hort.net
> Editor: Gardening in Shade, Suite101.com <http://Suite101.com>
> Shadyside Garden Designs
> ----------
> > From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
> >
> > I've been hauling hose since March. I noticed they remodeled the
> city
> > offices when I paid my last water bill. I know I financed some of
> that
> > reconstruction. No break here yet, still high 90's day mid to upper
> 70's
> > night. And they said on the weather Friday looks like no rain the
> rest of
> > this month either. It's a miracle anything in my yard is still
> alive. Glad
> > to hear from you though.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX