Re: global warming/Rita

Actually, once they found out that another hurricane was coming, they  were
happy to get out of the shelters.....after what they experienced in the NO
superdome, they wanted no part of staying at another one during a storm.   Can't
blame them.
There were only a few left anyway, most have already been given apartments,
houses, or hotel rooms to stay in.
Can't say I blame them for wanting to get out....things are not looking too
great around here.
Shelves of stores are bare.  Just came home from a Bromeliad society
meeting, usually there are only a few people driving around out here in the
subdivisions compared to the city, but tonight at 11 p.m. it is as if it were in  the
middle of the day, the streets are packed, stores are packed, lines at the
gas stations.
They are now saying that Rita could become a Cat 5 even.  Almost all  the
schools in the area will be closed from tomorrow on already, even here in
Houston.  The Mayor is calling for voluntary evacuation of Houston areas,  mandatory
for coastal areas.  They forecast with a Cat 4 storm that  anywhere south of
I-10 would have 100 mph winds, north of I-10 all the way to  Huntsville and
further north, should expect 75 mph winds.   Storm  surge flooding from coast to
south Houston, flooding other areas from  rains.
I've personally never experienced a hurricane of this magnatude, just
feeling the side effects or such from storms in the past, but never this  bad. Even
if it hits south of here half way between Houston and Corpus, we  would
experience 100 mph winds...so either way we are bracing for  something.   We'll see.
 Hoping it will go far south, maybe  Mexico....but that seems doubtful.
I'm assuming Scotty has already evacuated, or will do so.  Anyone  heard from
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 9/20/2005 6:46:10 PM Central Standard Time,