Re: Rita.....needing to vent.

It's official, it's a Cat. 5 storm now.
Just as a bit of interest to the general population, they have shut down  all
the refineries here in Houston.  Two main areas of the US where oil is
refined into gas is here and New Orleans.  That means 75% of all gas  production
for the US has been shut down.  I'm assuming this can only mean  that gasoline
prices will increase again.
Considering evacuating, since they pointed out that Meridian,  Mississippi is
much further inland than even north Houston....and that town  was flattened
by Hurricane force winds.  However,  pointless now, all  highways are literal
parking lots....and they are saying that those that  absolutely need to
evacuate should do so first...makes sense to me.  So we  are staying put.  Not sure
what to expect.  Freeze warnings you can  cover things and put them inside.
Flood warnings and rain, you can put  things up high.  But when you are told to
expect floods, tornados, 110+  winds....where do you protect things, how do
you protect things??  Neither  outside or inside is totally safe.  They tell
people to evacuate north, but  then say that as far north as Dallas will sustain
hurricane force winds.   Very overwhelming.
Thanks ya'll for letting me vent.  Jim, any advice? I could use it.  Thanks
to everyone sending prayers too, I think Texas could use it right  now.