Re: DeMoine info?

Theresa, I may not be the best to ask.   We have 4 seasons with very hot,
humidity, very cold, and   wind because we are prairie.   We do have tornados but
no hurricanes. I have been to many areas but always when I start home I would
rather be where I am there any place else.   We have anything you will find
in a metro area. We have been rated the 4th biggest art festival in the nation
and best state fair. Our freeway system is in the midst of complete
reconstructing so moving about is not the easiest now but within 2 yrs it will be great.
  I have neighbors who choose to come here from lg cities & they think it is
the best kept secret. Banking, insurance & agriculture are big industries of
our area. We are known as the bread basket of the world.   World known John
Deere, both manufacturing & credit co are located here.   World leader pioneer
International, now owned by Dupont, and Meredith publishing are headquartered
here.   A new library with a garden roof is in final stages, new science bldg
just opened, new huge events center recently opened, symphony, art center, minor
baseball team with a stadium rated as the best in the minor team world, close
to Ames our land grant university, 2 4 yr colleges & area school, highly
rated public educational system but of course we are not with out negatives.   We
have hi property tax & state tax but housing is rated as moderate.   We do not
have wild indians roaming our countryside and we are not known for potatoes
as we are many times confused with Idaho.   Being in   the heartland we are
conservative but are rated as warm,friendly, caring people.   This is probably
more than you wanted to know.     Ceres