Re: Noreen

Don't know if you have this site, Noreen, but you might want to check it every now and the. It's the Houston/Galveston radar. http://snipurl.com/hur5

On Sep 23, 2005, at 1:05 PM, TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

Yep, I'm here.....everything we can do has been done, so now we are playing
the waiting game. Still not sure about the final path of the storm, but they
say either way as large as the storm is we would get the hurricane force
winds here 75-100 mph. Only difference is that they would be coming from the NE
instead of the S, with the rotation. If by chance the storm does head into
LA. instead of Tx. we would still get Tropical storm winds 50-75 mph. Also
they are saying there is a strong possibility of it stalling out over us due
to a high north of Tx. which means flooding rains. Experienced that here in
Houston with trop. storm Allison that dumped 45 inches of rain in a couple
days.....no fun. So we shall see.

Oddly people are pretty much calm, playing the waiting game. Nothing is
open, nobody is moving around, it's a Shelter in place set up for the next few
days, which means nothing is open, everyone is to stay in place, curfews set
up, etc. Nobody is allowed to evacuate anymore, if they haven't gotten out,
it's too late now. Funny, it's eerily quiet.....no birds in site, nothing.
Only differnce is my "zoo" is very uneasy, very nervous. Obviously they feel
it. My cat, Ms. Kitty that never goes outside, has been trying all day to go
out. Puppy is so high strung, I keep thinking she's going to have a nervous
breakdown. Power keeps going in and out, cell phone networks are clogged
most of the time, so very difficult to get a call through. So.....we just sit
and wait. Very windy, but no rain yet. They say power once it goes, might be
out for a week minimum. I'm enjoying catching up on the Chat list. Thanks
for all the laughs ya'll, appreciate it...great to have something funny to
think about. Ya'll are a great bunch. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers
too. Appreciate it.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/23/2005 11:02:42 AM Central Standard Time,