RE: New Garden Photos

No black dirt here! All we have is sand, sand, sand! I use compost, pelleted
manure and mulch to improve the soil.  It's a constant battle as after a few
years everything seems to get depleted, especially in the new beds.  The
last raised bed was filled with 10 yards of soil and compost that had to be
wheelbarrowed in.  Not by me though!  I couldn't have done it myself.  At
55, my back and the rest of me isn't what it used to be!  I bought two
pallets of rocks.  One is field stone and the other is round river rock.  We
don't have rocks much bigger than 6" on my property as we're at the end of
what was left by the glaciers.  I've collected rocks when I can do so
legally, but haven't got enough to finish the edges of my sunken path in the
yew garden.

This past year was the first time I hired some help for some of the heavy
hauling and lifting.  I could never have gotten started without the extra
muscle power!

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Chris Petersen
Northport, NY