RE: New Garden Photos

Jim,

It's hard to respond to your question on how big the property is.  The
property our house is situated on is 50' wide and 1,800' long! Much of that
land is naturalized with barberry, black pine, beach plum, cacti, oaks, etc.
It is pure sand. Then there is the beach and about 500' of land underwater
that we own. I squeezed my gardens around, in front and behind the 30' wide
by 64' long house. Then we bought my parent's house next door.  My husband
has his office and computer training (CAD) classes there.  That property is
larger then ours, but again there's the naturalized areas and waterfront.
We have 200' on Northport Harbor and 100' on the road. I guess I have 5
acres in all and about 1 acre of semi-usable garden space. There are lots of
old trees that make gardening more challenging.  Also, I like the open lawn
under the huge sycamore tree, so there goes a ton of space!

You can see some other pictures of where I live in my other albums. Some of
the photos should be changed as they are quite old.

Chris Petersen
Northport, NY
Zone 7

chris@widom-assoc.com