Re: Great Ground Covers for Shade

Think we are into semantics now....
Cytoperis bulbifera was recommended as a groundcover for the way it flows and forms colonies. It does need room or, larger plants to exist between. In the right space it is a good asset to the garden. I placed mind at the top of a rock ledge and let it flow downward like a flow of water.... it and a mini ivy called Webfoot now cover the railroad ties used to hold the hill back from washing out.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "kmrsy" <kmrsy@netzero.net>

Tidy? I don't get TAG anymore, but I thought Gene said years ago that it
was quite the colonizer. Mine sure was.

neIN, Z5
----- Original Message ----- From: <Chris@widom-assoc.com>
When I came inside for a break, I decided to look at the new American
Gardener magazine that just arrived.  I was reading an article entitled
"Great Ground Covers for Shade" and I had a feeling that I recognized the
author.  I flipped the page back, and, lo and behold, it was written by
own Gene Bush! Nice job Gene! I think I'd like some of that tidy bladder
fern, Cytoperis bulbifera. I just got some dwarf Solomon's seal this

Chris Petersen
Northport, NY
Zone 7