Re: Another orchid

Thanks, Jim. Appreciate it. It's annoying to me when plants aren't named.

On Sep 27, 2005, at 9:36 AM, James R. Fisher wrote:

james singer wrote:
Another orchid that was transplanted into a tree is blooming now. The tree is a Ligustrum this time; I don't know what the orchid is, except it's not a Dendrobium.
http://hort.net/+12Wb
You're certainly right about that ! It's a hybrid in the Oncidium
alliance. It has Brassia in it (giving it the long, narrow, pointy
sepals and petals) plus Brazilian Miltonia (provides the purple
in the lip). That makes it a Miltassia for starters. It may have
another genus or two thrown in for good measure, but I won't go any farther
than I have. It's quite impressive; I'll look up Milton Carpenter's
address for you to send the pic to; he lives in Belle Glade and
specializes in such things.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher