Re: Looking for Fiber Optic Grass..

-- Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I'm sure there are many things that would not come with me if we moved
to Iowa-

Re your DH's job search...one needs to keep a sense of humor.  My sister sent me this:

A local business was looking for office help. They put a sign in the window
saying: HELP WANTED Must be a good typist and be good with a computer.

Successful applicant must be bilingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

A short time later a lovely golden retriever dog trotted up to the window,

saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged

his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it, whined and pawed the air.

The receptionist called the office manager. He was surprised, to say the

least to see a canine applicant. However, the dog looked determined, so

he led him into the office. Inside, the dog jumped up on a chair and stared

at the manager expectantly.

The manager said, "I can't hire you. The sign says you must be able to

type."

The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to quickly

typed a perfect business letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the

manager, gave it to him, then jumped back up on the chair.

The manager was stunned, but told the dog, "That was fantastic, but I'm

sorry. The sign clearly says that whoever I hire has to be good with a

computer."

The dog jumped down again, went to the computer and proceeded to

demonstrate his expertise with various programs, produced a sample

spreadsheet and database, then presented them to the manager.

The manager was dumbfounded! He said to the dog, "Hey, I realize that

you are a very intelligent applicant and have fantastic talent, but you're a

dog -- no way could I hire you."

The dog jumped down and went to the sign in the window and pointed his

paw at the words, "Equal Opportunity Employer."

The exasperated manager said, "Yes, I know what the damned sign says,

but the sign also says you have to be bilingual."

The dog looked him straight in the eye and said . . .

"Meow."