Re: A washingtonpost.com article from: islandjim1@verIzon.net

I would imagine that the manors identified with the plantations and vice versa.

On Sep 7, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

Great article, Jim. Thanks for sending it to me -- also the link to Kitchen Gardeners Int'l. I am fascinated by all things Victorian and have read quite a few pieces on their techniques, which were not much different from those practiced on plantations in the South.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: <islandjim1@verIzon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:55 AM
Subject: [CHAT] A washingtonpost.com article from: islandjim1@verIzon.net

You have been sent this message from islandjim1@verIzon.net as a courtesy of washingtonpost.com

Personal Message:
For those who grow edibles.

A Shrinking Homegrown Crop

By Barbara Damrosch

One of the Web sites I check out regularly, Kitchen Gardeners
International (

http://www.kitchengardeners.org

), is the work of an American named Roger Doiron. His stories are always
interesting, but his news is not always good. In March, he posted a U.S.
Department of Agriculture chart showing the...

To view the entire article, go to

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/06/ AR2006090600461.html?referrer=emailarticle

Would you like to send this article to a friend? Go to
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/emailafriend? contentId=AR2006090600461&sent=no&referrer=emailarticle

Want the latest news in your inbox? Check out washingtonpost.com's e-mail newsletters:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=admin/ email&referrer=emailarticle

Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive
c/o E-mail Customer Care
1515 N. Courthouse Road
Arlington, VA 22201

) 2002 - 2006 The Washington Post Company

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10