Re: A washingtonpost.com article from: islandjim1@verIzon.net

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] A washingtonpost.com article from: islandjim1@verIzon.net
  • From: "Bonnie Holmes" holmesbm@usit.net
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:15:04 -0400

One of my friends used to visit garage sales routinely while living in
Northern VA.  One day she came across people who were putting out barrels
of "stuff".  She inquired and they told her they were just cleaning out and
she could take anything she liked.  She pulled out around 20 old blue back
type journals.  Several were by an individual who lived in the area during
WWI and the depression.  For some time he worked for the Dept. of
Agriculture and visited FL when the viability of using refrigerated train
cars to carry fresh produce to the East was being considered.  His
description of the Everglades and the undeveloped part of FL was quite
interesting.

islandjim1@verIzon.net

islandjim1@verIzon.net

> >> You have been sent this message from islandjim1@verIzon.net as a
courtesy

> > of washingtonpost.com
> >

> >>  Personal Message:
> >>  For those who grow edibles.
> >>
> >>  A Shrinking Homegrown Crop
> >>
> >>  By Barbara Damrosch
> >>
> >> One of the Web sites I check out regularly, Kitchen Gardeners
> >> International (
> >>
> >>     http://www.kitchengardeners.org
> >>
> >> ), is the work of an American named Roger Doiron. His stories are
always
> >> interesting, but his news is not always good. In March, he posted a
U.S.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/06/AR2006090600

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/emailafriend?contentId=AR2006090600

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=admin/email&referrer=emailarti