Re: Prayers/good thoughts requested

Thanks, everybody.

Dad's lung doctor said today that his asbestosis has not progressed. Good news! I'll take him to his PCP tomorrow for the results from the endocrinologist and let her referee the others.

The vet said that an x-ray showed no large, obvious mass, though Buddy's liver is very small and may be part of the problem (previous blood tests did not indicate it so he's doubtful). He didn't do an endoscopy because at Buddy's age, if he found a tumor in the intestinal wall there wouldn't likely be anything that he could do that would be helpful, but did give us some different meds. He said, "We're running out of (magic) bullets", but since Buddy's still interested in life, a couple of more days of trial with the different meds was worth a shot. We'll see.
As long as the meds make him comfortable, we'll clean up any amount of effluvia. The injection he's given to Buddy the last few times has taken care of his horrible gut-twisting pain for about 36 hours, so I'm willing to try. We don't mind the middle of the night every 20 minute walks/clean-up, but we don't want to have the little guy in pain.

d (the exhausted)