Re: bringing plants in

Thanks for those details Ceres; I'll forward them to my friend.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bringing plants in

Kitty, I move them in & out for several days reducing the outdoor time each
day. Then I wash them down well with soapy water making sure I get under
the foliage, etc. Add soil if needed and slow release fertilizer. Yrs before
I have washed chemicals thru the soil & applied a systemic however all has
been taken off the market. I chkd with Bayer regarding a systemic that could
be applied for indoor plants and they have nothing. They do have a product
that may be applied indoors as a solution. I have been in classes the past 2
days renewing my Garden consultant certification and I asked one of the ISU
horticulture professor if she could suggest something. Nothing!
BTW, ISU Forestry provided one of the sessions & we received an update
regarding EAB which now is 20 mins east of Muscatine, Iowa. The Bayer product
you spoke of has not proven successful & will probably be taken from the
market due to its toxic value. Has EAB been found in your area? Our community
tree population is about 50% ash. Other communities are higher. Next week
I am meeting with a couple of our city employees to discuss a plan & try to
setup a program for replacement for our development as well as educating our
community and taking a detail inventory. Hopefully other areas will follow
suit. I remember the elm removal scene to well.