To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] my knee surgery

In a message dated 9/16/06 11:23:45 AM, pdickson@sbcglobal.net writes:

I had a drain tube which was full yesterday when they took the bag

Tricia, I did not have a drain tube and the knee was cptly wrapped. I used
the crutches for only a couple of days then used just1 for another couple only
if I was walking a distance. What was your injury? Mine was a torn
lateral meniscus which could not be repaired at my age do to lack of blood flow
however younger ones are repaired. I think it is difficult to compare unless the
injury was identical & then age & bodies react differently. Oh, yes, I am
considerably older! Medicare & my 2nd insurance paid 100%.
I did sleep in a recliner for several days but didn't have anyone to
wait on me. I did keep ice on for a good deal of the time. I haven't iced for
the past 1 1/2 wks now.