Re: Johnny Appleseed Festival...

I wish I could have been out gardening, but with being allergic to deet,
and all those virus carrying mosquitos, just didn't want to chance it...
and I hate getting bite up!

Besides visiting with Vera for the day, I went to harvest days for
garden metal things. There is a guy who sells yearly there at reasonable
pricing and uses thicker metal to create his. He also creates- so most
many of his things are orginial designs, not the same things you can
find in a store. Been buying for years and everything has held up well-
although most of it ended up at mothers house over the years after she
seen them....

So I bought an arbor, 2 plant stands, and a obelisk - that filled the
van! I also couldn't resist a santa riding a reindeer at one of the
craft booths, so that had to come home too... along with a sweatshirt
and latern that will be used for family Xmas presents.

Bachmans is an importer warehouse near here. A few times a year they
open it to the public at 50 off wholesale pricing- big bargains!...then
they really hook you with the buy one at 50 off and get another one free
on a couple of promo items!....... but you never know just what they
will offer. They sell to other wholesalers and most stuff ends up in
high end stores, hallmarks, and florist shops. This time, I bought some
decorative pots, pillar stand, ribbon, a few more santas and other xmas
decorations. I mean where else can you buy 50yards of 3inch ribbon wired
quality stuff for less than 5.00? - Ok- you guys probably do know where,
but around here it is unheard of. :)