From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan [mailto: wmorgan972@ameritech.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:15:44 -0400
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Johnny Appleseed Festival...

Donna, I will have to check them out! Our congregation will be
doing<br>charity wrapping again this year and they want me to be in
charge. I don't<br>like to wrap presents conventionally, so I really
need some of that 3"<br>ribbon for less than $5.00!!! I've also been
collecting Christmas<br>decorations from garage sales and 90% off sales
at craft stores to put into<br>the ribbons and on packages as well. I
think we'll need some large boxes as<br>well as shirt boxes. I think
this year we'll be working at a mall instead<br>of the church fellowship
hall.<br><br>Despite all the rain, we haven't had too much of a problem
with mosquitoes<br>here. The chiggers have gone crazy, though. More rain
is expected<br>today...all day. I'm going to rush out between rain drops
and try to put<br>down the newspaper for the driveway extension.
Tomorrow I can haul compost<br>and such to put on top of it, then put
down some mulch.<br><br>It sounds like you really made a haul with your

purchases. At some point,<br>send us a photo after they've been placed
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf<br>Of Donna<br>Sent:
Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:00 AM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Johnny Appleseed
Festival...<br><br>I wish I could have been out gardening, but with
being allergic to deet, and<br>all those virus carrying mosquitos, just
garden<br>metal things. There is a guy who sells yearly there at
reasonable pricing<br>and uses thicker metal to create his. He also
creates- so most many of his<br>things are orginial designs, not the
same things you can find in a store.<br>Been buying for years and
everything has held up well- although most of it<br>ended up at mothers

2 plant stands, and a obelisk - that filled the van! I<br>also couldn't
resist a santa riding a reindeer at one of the craft booths,<br>so that
had to come home too... along with a sweatshirt and latern that
importer warehouse near here. A few times a year they open it<br>to the
public at 50 off wholesale pricing- big bargains!...then they
really<br>hook you with the buy one at 50 off and get another one free
on a couple of<br>promo items!....... but you never know just what they
will offer. They sell<br>to other wholesalers and most stuff ends up in
high end stores, hallmarks,<br>and florist shops. This time, I bought
some decorative pots, pillar stand,<br>ribbon, a few more santas and
other xmas decorations. I mean where else can<br>you buy 50yards of
3inch ribbon wired quality stuff for less than 5.00? -<br>Ok- you guys
probably do

know where, but around here it is unheard of. :)<br><br>
you fill your van with from those sales, Donna? <br><br>I spent the full
morning yesterday out in the yard, starting the fall<br>clean-up. DH
scalped about an 8' section of lawn for me on the North side<br>of the
driveway so I can start the process of extending that bed. I'll
be<br>putting in a new lasagna bed there for items I've been holding in
pots late<br>this summer until I could get a place for them. I've been
lengthening it<br>about 4-8' every year. In another 5 years, I should be
up to the garage.<br>Then I'll have to start on the other side of the
driveway. That will be a<br>little more expensive because I'll need some
sort of barrier--landscape<br>stones or timbers or something. DH chipped
up the most recent wood pile<br>from recent storms and trimmings for me
that sat throughout the heat of the<br>summer. He also chipped up my

green trimmings so they will compost more<br>quickly.
Message-----<br>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf<br>Of Donna<br>Sent:
Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:32 PM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Johnny Appleseed
Festival...<br><br>Seems every town is having something... Last weekend
was my towns 'fall<br>fair' and today I was down by Vera at the 'Harvest
Days'. Since I couldn't<br>garden today, I managed to fill a van and
half today..... first at Bachman's<br>sale then at Harvest
----<br>From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net><br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:25:47
will you be going to the festival today? I think Indy used to have
a<br>small version of that on the Circle

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com