Re: still having technical difficulty

One of the outlets had a wire that was loose- not detached, just loose. So, sometimes it worked and other times it didn't. What a pain- took me several uneasy days and replacing 3 outlets before I figured it out. And the electrician never did call back. Oh well, obviously I was meant to figure it out myself. and I'm sure saved a small fortune.

Theresa

James R. Fisher wrote:
Theresa W. wrote:
So- P.S. I actually figured out what the electical problem was myself yesterday AM before going to the funeral. So now at least one thing works! (and I don't have to worry about the house burning down anymore).

Theresa
You're not going to leave us in limbo, guessing, are you ? So what
 *was* the problem ?
-jrf

Theresa W. wrote:

HI all-

I am on an old fashioned dial-up connection, cause we got the new DSL
modem, but apparently there is a problem with the line. Great- so they
are supposed to come fix it tomorrow.
Also- because I live in the electronics twilight zone- 2 days ago, the
electric went out in a couple of the plugs in the dining room. I
checked everything, GFCI plugs, circuit breakers, replaced 2 of the
actual outlets, etc. No clue what the problem is- but makes me kind of
nervous (think visions of electical fire). So yesterday PM my neighbor
who is a commerical/industrial electrician came and checked a few
things- but nothing obvious. Called an electrician today recommended by
a friend- they still haven't called back. great. So, today, neighbor
came back and checked one more thing- in the process we both realized
that the plugs were working again- no idea why. So later this evening I
plugged in by cell phone to charge- and guess what- it doesn't work again!@
What a pain- I'm calling a new electrician tomorrow AM, before heading
out for a funeral. Keep your fingers crossed nothing horrible happens
while I'm away for the day tomorrow.
It would be so nice to get something working again tomorrow.

Theresa