From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 7:39 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] still having technical difficulty

Not exactly the same subject but I need to vent...
Silly me, I got too close to a rock with the lawn mower and damaged the
blade.  Went to Sears, manual in hand to get a new one.  The salesperson,
who wouldn't look at my manual, assured me all of their 20 inch mowers took
the same blade and I had a choice of two weights.  Since my mowing is light
I took the lighter one.
Got home and tried to change the blade but it was on too tight.  Called xDH
to come undo it.  He broke the blade adapter.  Back to Sears. Nope, gotta
get that at the Sears repair store. Went there and nope, they don't stock
that one.  Went home, phoned in the order. Part arrived and I went to put on
the new blade - holes don't line up.
Back to Sears to exchange.  New salesman assures me, as he lines up the
holes visually through the plastic container, that the heavier 20 inch blade
will fit.  I walked about 40 ft and thought, hmmm, I should check that
myself before leaving.  Nope, wrong blade.  Refund.  Head to parts store.
Nope, gotta order it.
The grass is getting taller and taller...

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5