Re: OT - kitten news + more cat news

I'm glad that Percy will be ok. I hope his healing will be swift.

Thanks for the heads up on kennels. I never would have figured a cat could get hurt on one.

We don't have a dog in a kennel, but Annie's old puppy crate is in the utility room, where Diesel spends a lot of time. He loves to look out the (usually open) window in there. May have to re-think this entirely, since we just got a portable hot tub and put it there, too. And eventually we'll get another dog and have a kennel in the house again.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - kitten news + more cat news

This was a very exciting day here. Otis woke me up just before five this morning. When I turned on the light a cat began to scream. Seems Percy Amadeus was on top of Otis's kennel apparently sharing dog treats with him when he caught his back leg under the bars on top of the kennel. When I found him he was hanging by his leg which was literally woven through the bars! Needless to say I got dressed, called the emergency vet to see if there was a chance of Percy's dying before 7 when my vet opened (there wasn't) and drove to my vet's office where I left him. $566 later he is home with a huge red splint on his let. He broke the little bone in his lower leg and severely dislocated the big one at the ankle, so it's back to the vet on Tuesday when the orthoapedist is back in town to see if Percy will need surgery. He is sleeping now and seems pretty much all right except that Dempsey decided to attack him right after we got home. It's always something...
zem