From:
Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday,
September 5, 2007 4:23:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Chat chat

Did you see the
street lights in Hershey shaped like Hershey's kisses?  Or
don't they have
those anymore?

On 9/5/07, Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com> wrote:

Got back last night from four days in Maryland visiting family and

celebrating DH's birthday with crab, crab, and more crab. I think we
> ate it
almost every day! Spent a day at Hershey Park with the
> grandkids...
exhausting. Now off today for the State Master Gardener
> Conference. No
wonder my garden is full of weeds.
> I've done that cruise, Auralie, way back
when we were stationed at

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

> > Busy day all day.  Started the morning by
chasing away a family of
> > deer
> > who were eating the fallen crab-apples
and nibbling at everything else
> > green.  Decided I'd better do one more
desparate spraying - doesn't
> > seem to do much good, but at least I try.
Added Sluggo to the latest
> > bean planting and replanted the bare patches
where the slugs had taken
> > the tops off the new seedlings.  Watered the
container garden .
> > It's so
> > dry, I don't know if the beans will sprout.
Showers were
> > predicted, but
> > we never get them.  Spent as much time as
possible working on my
> > current indexing job, but had to stop early to pack
a box supper to
> > take
> > on a Hudson River cruise.  This was laid on for
Constitution Island
> > Assn.
> > members, and since Chet is Co-Chm. of the
Assn., I had to show my
> > face, too.
> >   Really, it was a lovely cruise
from West Point up to the Newburg-
> > Beacon
> > bridge and back.  The
weather was gorgeous for the event - very clear,
> > a bit windy, and
temperatures in the low 70s.  If it weren't so
> > terribly dry,
> > I would
have thought it perfect, but these days a rainy day would seem
> > beautiful
weather to me.  By the time we got home, it was late enough
> > to wind things
down and go to bed early so we could get up for early
> > church this morning.
It was 50 degrees when we got up, and has barely
> > reached 70 this
afternoon.  Early fall?  The dogwoods are quite red.
> > Back to the index.
>
> Auralie
> >
> > In a message dated 09/02/2007 8:30:16 AM Eastern Standard
Time,
> > islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
> >
> > Wha' happen? No messages
yesterday?