Re: bowman's root

All depends, Kitty
Not necessarily a slow grower, but if you purchase a new seedling it is going to take some time to reach its full potential. I believe they are in tissue culture now at some places, but hat does not help with size... just makes the plant available. The regular perennial thing about creep and leap... then some time to bulk up. First year to so will look like a floppy vine more than an upright almost shrub.
   Well worth the time invested.  Gene

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Subject: Re: [CHAT] bowman's root

Thanks Gene,
I got a Gillenia from you about 5 yrs ago for our MG Woodland Fen. Couldn't find it there for a couple of years so I thought they'd killed it. Just this year I saw it in full bloom and it's a beauty. Now I am looking at Sunfarm's offerings for plants to grow in our nursery for next and future year's plant sales and they offer Porteranthus, same common name. On checking RHS, both names are shown, neither as a syn for the other, indicating to me that they are different plants.
Is it a slow grower?
Kitty