Re: Trip advice CA Sept 12-20th

I have been there 2 times.... both times it was so interesting. Built by a man that a did metal work back east then moved his family out to CA. Interesting story. The first time one of his sons was there visiting. The ceilings and interior are worth seeing too. We had a great tour guide last time that told such interesting family stories.
Well worth your time if you get to go.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Trip advice CA Sept 12-20th

Yes very dry, Lotusland will still look good but you are right, the SB
Botanic Garden will probably be very dusty. At least the fire up near
there is out.
I never heard of Casa del Herrero before, I am looking at their website
right now. Specifically the photo of that tiled fountain. I want that
real bad. :-) I bet husband could make one of those.

Cyndi