Re:Cats and Chicks..

Raja has been sitting by my newly hatched chicks every day that I've had them in the house.  They are safe, in a big plastic storage box with a lid that has holes cut in it.  I have a heat lamp in there - BUT - you can sort of see the chicks walking around inside the box because of the light shining on it, and Raja sits there, with HUGE eyes, and stares at the box.  I take the lid off to change the food, water and wood shavings, and to play with the little cuties..and Raja sneaks her head over the edge and looks at them, then looks at me like "can I have 'em?" and I say, "NO Raja - not yours" and she sits back down, looking very put out.  But she knows when I say "not yours" that she has to leave them alone. But she really, really wants them.  I love those silly chicks.  Because I've had them since day 1 or 2 and handle them all the time, they just sit in my hand and fall asleep.  We had a new one hatch yesterday and I left it under the mother for the first day.  They do
 better that way.  I think I'll have 2-3 more before it's all over.  It is so amazing to watch this whole process.  Very cool.

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:
  She is very sweet and very funny. She isn't as dignified as Sugar was, but
no animal ever was or will be. Granted I'll be glad when she gets older and
sleeps through the night. But I wouldn't miss a minute of it. I know what
it's like to be w/out one and how valuable our time is together.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX

Jesse R. Bell