Re: Where is everyone? Outside?

Oh no. You have had too much happen this past year or so. I hope things smooth out soon. I'd be discouraged too. We've been involved with the county fair. Ed & I are both department superintendents. His dept is Vegetables & mine is Needlework. I entered 30 in Flowers. Several blue, red, & white ribbons and 1 best of class for Ballerina, a polyanthus rose. My 6 year old granddaughter entered 3 flowers & a cake & ? anyway 5 things & got 5 ribbons. Just got back from the carnival. Ready for bed. Tomorrow I'll stay away until 4:30 or so. Checkout is 5-7pm. Then it's over for another year. Judy B z6 Idaho, leaves are turning, nearby high elevation had a freeze already. Days here have been pleasantly cool and you want a sweater or jacket at night.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Where is everyone? Outside?

Just got back from a trip up into the Finger Lakes area of New York - a
State Garden Club Meeting and a visit with my son who has a horse-farm
in the area.  What a beautiful part of the country!
But I am really frustrated and depressed.  After all our problems with
fallen trees and such I was just getting the beds in front of the house to
look good again.  I had handsome caladiums both in containers on the
front stoop and in the breezeway, and in the beds in front of the house.
Things were looking pretty good and I was feeling much happier after the
stresses of the summer.  When we returned we found that deer had
cleaned out everything.  The containers of white and red caladiums, all
those planted in the beds, all the other things growing.  They had gone
right around the house from the front stoop to the container-garden in the
breezeway.  They had even eaten artemisia 'Powis Castle' which has
always been the one thing they didn't touch. It makes one wonder why
we keep trying.

In a message dated 09/22/2007 5:45:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,