Re: Where is everyone? Outside?

Yes- I am feeling better today thanks. Amazing what 4 days of antibiotics and no fever will do for one's energy level. :) I went outside and smelled my pinwheel plumeria- its still blooming. I picked the ripe tomatoes, yelled at stupid kids in the cul-de-sac to stop throwing rocks (not bad kids, but seems that no parent is ever around, so left to their own devices), fed the birds including hung up a ready-made niger seed sock that I picked up at the grocery store earlier today. No goldfinch yet, but they should be coming back in a couple of weeks. Tell me about drying your lemongrass- why do you dry it and what is the benefit? I just yank a bunch of mine out when I want to use it- but maybe you have a better way??

Theresa

james singer wrote:
Merry equinox! Hope your URI is better. Ms Fatma usually gets one that coincides with the start of the school year.

Not much happening here. We've been entertaining a tropical depression for a few days, which has provided about 6 inches of rain thus far with more promised for today. Between showers, we've been picking avocados, starfruit, key limes, and various peppers. Just as soon as it dries out a little, I want to get a bunch of lemongrass into the drier, but it's just too wet to fool with right now.