Re: Where is everyone? Outside? NOW Deer Repellent

In a message dated 09/24/2007 11:18:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
zemuly@comcast.net writes:

I had a customer yesterday who bought several bags of Milorganite for use as
deer repellent.  He said it was also excellent in deterring armadillos.  Has
anybody ever heard of this?  I think it's worth a try it since the
Milorganite is $8.68 for 40 pounds.
zem

We  tried Milorganite several years ago, Zem.  So far as we could tell, the
deer didn't mind it at all. Over the years we've had luck for six weeks at a
time with a number of things ranging from aged eggs, pepper sauce, dishwasher
soap, and various mixtures of the above, urine from various species, human
hair - needs to be dirty, and they always wash it before they cut it at the
salon - an others I can't remember right now, but Milorganite didn't seem to
work even for a day.  Thsi year nothing we've tried works and they are going
for things and places they never touched before.  It's frustrating and
depressing.
Auralie