From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 8:37:55 PM
Subject: [CHAT] checking in /
happy fall!

Sorry I've been pretty much out of pocket lately.  Once the
pecans start
dropping, I spend hours harvesting them and shucking the hulls in
the flower
beds, so it ties up a fair part of my evenings.  You can't leave
them on the
ground or you will have the most horrible weed problem you ever
saw.  Little
tiny seedlings w/ taproots to China. They were coming down so
fast Sunday I
kept getting hit in the back.  Like being in a dry hail storm.
They're a
tad bigger and noticeably heavier this year, must have been the rain
we got
in May & June.
Jesse has been home because her son Neal is in town
before he goes back to
Iraq next month.  I called and got to talk to him night
before last.  Her
computer at home is toast, so she won't be in touch much
until she gets back
to work next week.
I've worked the last 3 or 4 Saturdays,
so that gives me even less free
time.  The new baby is growing like crazy and
she is a very sweet girl.  I'm
very lucky to have her.  Have nicknamed the
living room the "mine field"
because the floor is strewn w/ toys everywhere
when I get home.  Very
difficult to navigate (especially w/ arms full of
groceries and mail) until
you clear a path every day.
Anyone who wants four
o'clock seeds holler at me off list, I've got a bumper
crop this year.   Broke
a tooth last week, saving up for a crown.  Even w/
insurance they still cost a
fortune.  Doesn't hurt so no big deal I guess.
Not much else new here.
Happy fall everyone.  It may cool off here in a
month, I know the people in
the plant at work are looking forward to it.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A
message text