Re: Elephant ears

I think this would depend largely on the species or variety of  Colocasia.
The common green species Colocasia esculenta (aka  Taro) is very hardy.  The
varieties of this, such as Black Magic,  Black Princess, etc. and other more
tropical species are less hardy.
Donna do you have the "elephant ears" in the pond??? If so, then they are
probably from the genus Colocasia.  If they are terrestrial, they are  probably
Alocasia which do not tolerate wet feet like the Colocasia do.   The Alocasia
don't seem to be as hardy as the Colocasia, and would probably have  to be
stored at warmer temps.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 9/3/2008 12:02:16 PM Central Daylight Time,