Re: Hanna

A stalled tropical storm can flood a city.........we had 48 inches of rain
in Houston a couple years back with Tropical storm Allison.  More rain than
with any hurricane that ever came through this area.    A stalled rain  system
(non-tropical) can dump more rain than some hurricanes, as many  areas that
never see tropical systems can relate to.   We had 10+  inches a month ago, some
was associated with Eduoard, but most was not.  We  didn't get a drop of rain
with Rita, just heavy winds, even though landfall was  east of Houston, but we
were on the clean side.   A fast moving storm  does a lot less damage than a
stalled system.    Also depends if  one is on the dirty (right) or clean
(left) side of a tropical  system.
I agree, one should always be prepared, never know what can happen at any
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 9/6/2008 5:16:26 PM Central Daylight Time,