Re: Euphorbia

It's too late for this year, but maybe put out a flat of pots near it next year. Let it seed around in the pots & not have to worry about digging? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:25 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Euphorbia

My Euphorbia polychroma throws off lots of seedlings. Sometimes I dig them up to sell. I'm doing that now for next year's sale. It can be difficult to get the whole taproot, but I try. And yet, that doesn't seem to be the answer to successful overwintering. About 1/2 of them don't make it and I'm trying to figure out how to do it better. Most of the E. dulcis Chameleon make it, but E polys are the ones people ask for. And it's not size. Sometimes big ones survive, sometimes little ones. Any ideas?

I'm hoping that my E Tiny Tim and E Tasmanian Tiger will someday throw off some volunteers too.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5