Re: Ike

Tricia, I would love to meet you show you around. When you decide on a time frame, let me know. Weekends might be a little dicey (though I'm sure we could manage one), as DH has Rams tickets for some of them, but since I am happily retired, we could work out a weekday or two (I have guest bedrooms.).
Cathy
On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:25 PM, Patricia Dickson wrote:

Cathy,
Wow! That sounds fantastic, the Hazelnut tree, I mean. What a great deal.

How was the MG conference?

I am still in Springfield, Ill and want to drive over some weekend to see your
beautiful town.  I keep hearing lots of great things about Quincy.
We drove to Carbondale last Friday then over to Cape Girardeau and back to St. Louis Saturday afternoon. We had a great fast trip just looking at all the places we used to live and play with our son when we lived in Cape. My niece lives in St. Louis so we ended a great trip with family then drove back here
late.
We are just starting to have some really great weather. Today I saw the start of some great fall color. The dogwoods, Japanese maples, burning bushes, sweetspire shrubs and a few other trees are starting to really show some
color.
Tricia

--- On Mon, 9/15/08, Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net> wrote:

From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ike
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 9:10 PM

Drove home from the Master Gardener Conference in the Chicago suburb
of Lombard on Saturday, the 13th. Very stressful with the inevitable
highway construction, and rain coming down in sheets. got home, only
to head off with DH to the Rams game in St Louis, where we got
remnants of Ike on Sunday. Fortunately, he was a fast mover, out of
the area by afternoon. The week ahead looks good. Excellent, because
one of the nurseries we toured in the Chicago area offered us anything
we bought at wholesale.... 60.5% off!  I came home with an American
Hazelnut, priced around $50.00, for a bit over $18.00!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b