Re: plant of the month club

Theresa, I think both the flower companies also have plants available (I seldom check them as I prefer the flowers) -- if you were willing to keep track of the schedule, or you might be able to sign up for a reminder -- you might be able to send plants thru them tho not a club.
--Barb again
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] plant of the month club

Yep- so true, and my mom's alzheimer's is so bad she couldn't keep it alive no matter what. That is the great joy of having a new one come every other month. Not my favorite idea to send plants to certain death- but I think they will make my mom a little happy when she gets them. I really just want to know if they will look pretty when they get there and arrive on schedule.

T.

Catharine Carpenter wrote:
IMHO, many of those plants can be challenging for an inexperienced indoor gardener.... and in most zones, the plants offered cannot be grown outside year round.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b