Re: Sad cat news

I'm so sorry to hear this Auralie. It's always tough to see our beloved pets in pain. I believe you are making the right decision, but it will be hard and I know how much you'll miss Sandy. Best wishes to her. Spend some special time with her before she goes.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 5:59 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Sad cat news

Just had a call from the vet.  Sandy, our elderly, obese, arthritic, but
cat wasn't feeling well yesterday, and threw up repeatedly. We took her in
for tests.  Today she seemed much improved, but the vet says the tests
show almost complete kidney failure, and that her improvement was the
result of fluids they injected at the hospital yesterday. It looks as if the
treatment could be difficult, painful and complicated, and not at all
to work. So I guess it's time to let her go. I don't want to subject her to
a lot
of misery if it ultimately won't help.  We're going to be away in another
too, which would complicate matters. It makes me really sad, but I know I'd rather be put to sleep quietly than go through all sorts of treatments, so I
feel that's the best thing for her.
Just one more thing in this depressing summer.

6:55 PM