To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hems again

Maybe so when the soil compacts down, it would end up a smidgen below the
surface? I don't think I ever thought about how to plant a hem.. stick it in
the ground and it grows.

Donna

 I'm wondering if I should pull
it out and
replant just as Pam described.  That smidge below soil level is helpful
for
stability.  I don't know why they would suggest 2 inches below.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5