  • Subject: Re: OT - AGAIN
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:27:06 -0400

> I don't know that I have a restore feature.  I remember some gateway
> computers came with that option, but I don't think my Dell has it.
> Anyway, I'm on with IE7 and as I was planning to hunt down Mozilla, I
> started looking at Google Chrome.  Does anyone use that?

Hi Kitty,

   I wouldn't recommend using Chrome yet.  It looks like a good browser,
   but it's so new that I see security updates coming out for it
   pretty regularly.  It hasn't been around enough to have the code
   'hardened' in real-world use.

   Personally, I'm a Firefox user.  I used to use Opera, but they lost
   their way and don't work with a lot of sites now.  Firefox has a lot
   of developers, is standards compliant, and most importantly, has
   plugins!  There's a Facebook plugin, Web developer plugins that
   help with programming, weather plugins to display the current weather
   in your toolbar, better image browsing plugins like CoolIris, etc.
   Those plugins really make all the difference for me.

   Once you have Firefox, browse through and see what you like: