Re: Chelone glabra Black Ace
  • Subject: Re: Chelone glabra Black Ace
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 22:29:13 -0500

Nope, soil drained very quickly & invaded by Maple roots, Chelone always struggling. I'm going to yank everything from that bed and redo it adding lots of humus. I'd like to find some sort of barrier to keep out the maple roots. How tiny would hardware cloth need to be to keep them out?

Or ... perhaps a lining of landscape fabric? Or would that prevent drainage? If so I could stick wet lovers in the bed - Juncus, Chelone, etc.

Hmmm..... any thoughts?

David has bloomed nonstop for me too, with Katherine at his side.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>