RE: What is up with this weather
  • Subject: RE: What is up with this weather
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:36:14 -0700

Over Labor Day weekend it was over 100 degrees here. Got up this morning
and the wind is howling and it's 55 degrees. Welcome to fall I guess.

It is supposed to be around 80 today and then go back up into the 90s
later. My tomatoes are in the got-no-fruit stage at the moment as they
don't set anything during the summer heat. They'll start again now but
won't have enough time to ripen before frost. Mid-October there will be
some far enough along to ripen on the counter, and I have lots of
recipes for green tomatoes.

How do you like having a plot at the community garden? Are there a lot of people there, do they grow mostly vegetables?