  • Subject: seeds
  • From: Theresa G <tchessie@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:30:32 -0700

Capitol nursery has stopped carrying the Kitazama Seeds, and so yesterday I
just ordered them directly from the website.  To my immense surprise, they
came in the mail today!!  For those of you who think you hate turnips (as I
once did), you should try their Tokyo Cross Turnips.  They are so delicious
in salads raw or stir fry.  They are ripe when the size of a large radish
and only take 35 days from planting to harvest.   I also ordered more
edamame (soybean) seeds- including black soybeans this time (haven't tried
them before), and bunching onion, a japanese variety of watermelon, and
another new turnip variety I haven't tried before (Hakurei).  Can't wait to
get the turnips and onions in the ground, but will have to wait until spring
for the watermelon and edamame.
Happy Fall everyone-

P.S.  Need to do some research about which varieties of blueberries do best
here (Sacramento), since it is about time to plant them!  Have saved lots of
coffee grounds to mixed into their raised bed.