Re: Florida question
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Florida question
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:11:13 -0700

Thanks, Noreen. You jogged my memory. The bay [Laurel noblis or whatever] grows into a very attractive small tree; I expect it would make a good hedge. Well worth planting. Rootbeer plant [Hoja santa] is a good one, too, but grow it in a pot because it's worse than bamboo about trying to take over the world. Tilapia filets wrapped in its leaves and cooked on the barbie are outstanding.