Re: Looking for volunteers with free time and scanners :)
  • Subject: Re: Looking for volunteers with free time and scanners :)
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:42:52 -0500

> Chris, the new scanner I bought a few months ago isn't working as
> well as the old one, but I'd be glad to try.  Tell me what to do and
> see if I can manage it.  I need to come to grips with this non-working
> appliance - it's supposed to be a combination fax, scanner, copier
> and printer but refuses to print though I can get response to the
> computer - but I have another printer and just haven't had time in
> this hectic summer to cope with it. I have scanned things to the
> computer and printed them on my other printer, so maybe I can
> do this also.

Hi Auralie,

I put some sample photos of what I'm trying to do at

These are scaled down from the original size (I scanned them at 600dpi),
but it should give you an idea.

I'm trying to scan both the top/bottom (or front/back) of the leaves to
show any differences.

Let me know if seeing the images helps explain things or if it raises
more questions.  :)