question for landscape planting
  • Subject: question for landscape planting
  • From: Patricia Dickson <f1892e901@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 07:53:34 -0600

I have been trying to help my brother, that lives in Northwest Houston (out by beltway 8), with his landscape.  His soil is beige clay with 6 inches of better top soil on top. Zone 9  I have been trying to think of a good corner plant that is evergreen, pyramidal in shape and maybe even flowers.  I have suggested a rose of sharon (Hibiscus syriacusâ Dianeâ),  Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata âCapitataâ) or a upright holly( Ilex crenata âSteedsâ). The corners get shade with some sun on the west side more than the east side.
I hope someone has more knowledge of that area and can suggest something. Noreen if you have time to answer this question I know you have so much more knowledge than I do in the Houston area.
Thank you in advance!
Patricia Dickson