hort.net link report for 18 March, 1999

Added to http://www.hort.net/orgs/gardens/

   Located in Madison, Wisconsin, this 2.5 acre garden seems to be at
   least four times as big. Chock full of perennials and annuals for all
   conditions, the gardens are both a botanical and aesthetic marvel.
   Gardens include the Daylily Collection, Rock Garden, English Garden,
   Edible Garden, and several others incorporating such features as
   pergolas, waterfalls, and bridges. To top it all off, when we visited
   in the summer of 1996 they had the most amazing mass planting of
   Belamcanda chinensis that I've ever seen (it's one of my favorite
   perennials). This is definitely a place to visit if you're ever
   heading through Southern Wisconsin.

Added to http://www.hort.net/propagation/

   If you're not familiar with Tom Clothier's contributions to plant
   propagation, do it now! You'll be forever grateful... This link
   provides all kinds of templates for making your own seed envelopes
   and a review of other commercially available options like Ziplok,
   Glassine, bubble pack, etc.

Added to http://www.hort.net/orgs/

   Do you prefer hardy geraniums or the more common, traditionally
   annual Pelargoniums? It doesn't really matter at this site; they'll
   support either habit! This international horticultural society has
   set up their site to help share their knowledge with others
   interested in the Geraniaceae family through photographs, lists of
   recommended reading, and of course, links to other Geraniaceae
   references on the Web.

Is your favorite site missing from hort.net?  Visit the category that
you think it belongs in and follow the  'Suggest a URL for this page'
link at the top -- we'll be happy to add it!

Mallorn Computing helps horticultural businesses and individuals
with technical problems.  They can help set up an Internet presence,
convert a catalog into an online store, set up plant databases or
information kiosks, and more!

    http://www.mallorn.com/products/ or email info@mallorn.com