Re: re. tiger lily bulbis to trade

In a message dated 7/16/1999 11:49:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
lschaedler@hotmail.com writes:

<< have bublis from common orange and barn red spotted tiger lilies. will
 for bulbis from other colors of lilies (bulbis are the small, black seed
 bulbs that form an the stalk under each leaf -- these drop off when ripe,
 fall to the ground and a baby lilies emerges next spring). one of my tigers
 is over 5 feet tall -- the rest over four feet. please e-mail if you'd like
 to trade @: lschaedler@hotmail.com --
 lois >>

I hate to rain on your parade-but for those that grow other lilies the
introduction of "Tiger Lilies" into their gardens is not a good idea.  The
old fashioned "tiger Lilies" are the typhoid Mary of the lily genus.  Most
have a virus that is very destructive to other lilies.